Thursday, January 1, 2009

Projects and Plans and Things

Ah, first post of a New Year.
Let's make 2009 good, shall we, my friends?
We've only got 3 more years until everything's fucked, anyways.

So here are my plans for the New Year:

1) Build the computer.
- I have this barebones kit. MicroBTX socket 775 computer, that I need to assemble and get running for my research. I am acquiring the Hard Drive on Tuesday or so. It uses SATA connections, with NO IDE slots on the motherboard. So all my IDE equipment: the hard drives and optical drives, won't work at all.

2) Build the cooling system
- Once I have the computer in an operable state, I need to build this cooling system fast, because I only have about 2 months until the research is due.

3) Create and operate a working web site
- I'm going to take up my Uncle on his offer for some server space. As such, I have been learning HTML (and focusing on keeping it clean and strict, to adhere to XHTML standards). I've got a good portion of it learned and I'm practicing around on some test sites with Google Web Sites. Along with that, I've got some Javascript to learn, and I believe I am going to pick up the good 'ol Python, so I can do some server-side programming and create a functional blog from scratch. (Sorry blogger).

4) Start really working on C++.
-I want to have some serious contributions to the Linux community who have given me so much. So for that I have to become more adept at C++ and the language of the machine. I'm going to start browsing around Launchpad for some ideas and see if I can help anyone out. I might make my wiki page in the near future.

I believe that is all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment