Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello, World!

Greetings, reader. If you don't know who I am, I am certain then that you found this blog by pure accident. I doubt that I have done a good job at advertising myself or this blog. That is completely fine by me. I think this is more of an introspective blog. Something to look back on in the future when I have become successful... or not successful, to see exactly how I manage to get that way.

So supposing you are not in fact Tyler Williams in the future, reading this, I guess I may as well explain why I am using up valuable server space on the internet.

So here we go. Expect long winded paragraphs and slightly out-of-order trains of thought. If either of these factors irk you, I urge you to leave this place and never return.

This post may be quite long. I am not opposed to long posts. You should expect them.

So a little bit of background about me. I promise to keep it short and sweet:
I have always been on computers. Even when I was two, my mother would allow me to type away at our family's old Packard Bell desktop. Since then I have always aspired to work with computers. I have undergone several quests to do it, and my most recent computer binge has proven to be the most fruitful.

Over the course of 3 years, I have sporadically and not quite completely learned how to rudimentally program using Python and C++. Along with that, I have a fairly decent knowledge of HTML. And while I write HTML, I try to keep it strict and up to XHTML standards, without actually using any XHTML elements.

I have recently moved my old emachine desktop into my room and loaded up Ubuntu 8.04 on the machine. I have partitioned my hard drive and I plan on running Arch Linux and Debian linux on it as well. That machine is used mostly for experimentation. I have all my C++ works in progress on it, and I spend a good deal of time messing around the internals of Linux.

While I do spend time on my old, faithful desktop, I also possess a MacBook I use for day-to-day purposes. I spend an unholy amount of time on Facebook, Livejournal, AIM, and a few webcomics. I am writing to you from that machine. It is my mundane machine, considering how expensive it is, I feel it would be foolish to do any mucking about in the internals. (However, I do know a good deal about my OS, and know how to modify it to my likings).

On the subject of computers, I have a plan in the works for the summer. I am saving up money to use building my own machine from scratch. (All parts ordered from http://www.geeks.com, a website I highly recommend). I may end up building it, selling it, and making a small business out of the practice. I am not completely sure of that, yet.

Aside from individual experimentation in technology, I am involved in an Applied Research program at my high school. I am developing a new heat transfer fluid for use in a liquid cooling system. In the process, I have been learning about computer hardware, and the BIOS settings. However, as all science goes, it has been prone to a good amount of setbacks. But alas, failure is success in science, I suppose. I might make that my mantra.

I excel in most other areas of academia (when I put effort into it). But this journal will not be dedicated to anything outside of software, hardware, and possibly my research.

I believe I have addressed all I need to. Beware, this blog may be moving to some serverspace on the debisschop.net servers, run by my uncle. However, I think I want to actually write the code for my own blog on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment